|Crafts & Hobbies Information|
Wholesale Scrapbooking: Should You Start A Direct Sales Scrapbooking Business Just The Discount?
Have you ever thought about signing on with a scrapbooking direct sales company, just to get the discount on your own supplies? It can be a great way to get your own product at a discount and meet other scrapbookers, but it's also important to read the fine print. Here are seven of the most important factors to consider:
1. Style of products. The most important factor to consider is whether that the product line fits with your style and budget. If you are big into embellishments, make sure that the product line encompasses this. How often are new products released?
2. Discount levels. What is the discount for Instructors/Consultants? Is there a special plan and/or personal volume requirement for scrapbookers who are joining the company "just for the discount?" (often referred to as "Hobbyists.")
3. Monthly minimums. What kind of personal volume is required on a monthly basis? If you decide to design custom albums for clients, can you use the discounted products in these books? (If the answer is yes, this is a great way to expand your profit margin on scrapbooks you create for others.)
4. Initial investment. What kind of cash outlay will your start-up require? Look closely at the company's joining fee and/or the cost of your business starter kit. Is there a deeper discount on products purchased at start-up? Start-up product packs are often significantly reduced to help new Instructors with their initial inventory needs. Are these product packs available for Hobbyists, too?
5. Does your sponsor welcome Hobbyists? Make sure that you aren't going to be pressured to build a business if that's not your intention. Ask your potential sponsor if she welcomes Hobbyists onto her team (and make sure that she knows you are one.)
6. Team education. One of the perks of joining a team of scrapbooking instructors is the education you'll get in scrapbooking. Scrapbooking instructors are very often creative, talented women who like to share their knowledge and techniques. Ask your potential sponsor about team layout galleries and scrapbooking education or opportunities that the company provides. Are these resources open to both Hobbyists and Instructors?
7. Growth potential. Can Hobbyists with this company become instructors? And what are the requirements for making this transition? Many people are surprised with how easily a scrapbooking direct sales naturally unfolds when they become a source for exclusive in-demand supplies.
If you are currently considering a direct sales opportunity, feel free to forward this set of questions to your potential sponsor. And good luck finding the company that's just right for you!
About the author: Susie Cortright is the creator of the award-winning online magazine Momscape.com as well as a Team Captain for a rapidly growing new direct sales scrapbooking company (and she welcomes Hobbyists on her team): http://www.momscape.com/scrapbooking/business.htm Visit her scrapbooking site and sign up for her free weekly scrapbooking newsletter here: http://www.momscape.com/scrapbooking or join her scrapbooking club: http://www.momscape.com/scrapbooking/scrapbookclub
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Embroidery Designs Sewing
Denim is a twill weave and runs diagonally and any diagonal weave is difficult to control, whether you are attempting construction sewing or machine embroidery. Twills are designed to give the wearer ultimate wearing comfort by the natural "give" it has.
Soap Making For Beginners - Melt And Pour Process
As you will learn, soap making can be simple or complex. Some people enjoy the challenge of going all out professionally, which is fine.
Scrapbooking on a Budget
Memories are priceless, but the cost of preserving them can be high. Here are nine tips for making the most of your scrapbooking budget.
10 Reasons to Create and Give a Gift Basket!
10. A Themed Gift Basket is for everyone and every occasion.
Embroidery Stabilizing for Machine Embroidering
Here are some tips to get good results with your embroidery designs sewing.1.
Woodworking: The Best Wood For Beginners
Woodworking: Know Your WoodWood is made of cellulose fibers, held together with a property called lignin, and is classified as hardwood or softwood, depending on the type of tree from which it comes. In addition, sapwood or new growth wood on a tree is still alive, while heartwood refers to the part of the tree that is no longer functioning.
How to Use Feathers and Dried Flowers to Give Your Scrapbooks an Artistic Feel
Feathers make exotic and interesting embellishments and borders. Feathers add an air of softness.
What Is An Un-circulated Coin?
You may have heard the terms proof coin and un-circulated coin, but what's the difference between these two? To understand the difference between a proof and un-circulated coin, let's first answer the question, "What is an un-circulated coin?"Un-circulated means a coin has not had any wear, such as the wear a coin might experience when it is used in commerce. Handling a coin, as well as improperly storing a coin, can result in wear on the surface of the coin.
An Introduction to Lanyards
Lanyards are pieces of rope, wire, or cloth specifically designed to attach to objects. They are typically used to secure small items such as a work badge, key, identification card, eyeglasses, whistle, cell phone, bottle opener, knife, or compass.
Comic Book Supplies, Necessities of the Serious Collector
If you want to keep your comic book collection in tiptop shape, comic book supplies will become part of your collecting life. As soon as a magazine is printed there are natural environmental forces going to work to try and destroy the ink and the paper.
Preserving Thanksgiving Memories for Scrapbooking
Last year our family tried out a new way to preserve Thanksgiving memories, and the result was truly a treasured keepsake.A day or two before Thanksgiving, my daughter and I used a turkey rubber stamp to make place cards for all of our family members.
Create A Gift Basket For A Dog Lover!
The choice of what gift to give your family and friends can often be a difficult one. One of the best gifts that you can give is a gift basket.
Amish Quilts - A Dying American Art
Amish quilting has been a tradition for more than a century here in rural Pennsylvania. Amish women create quilts, often in groups called quilting bees.
Kona Cotton: The Quilters & Embroiderers Dream Fabric
What, Exactly, Is Kona Cotton? Kona(R) cotton is a premium, 100% cotton broadcloth from Robert Kaufman Fabrics in Los Angeles. The company introduced the fabric in the 1980's in response to the then rapidly emerging quilting industry, an interest that continues unabated today.
Basic foldsMost of the designs that you will learn will use a square piece of paper - and most will be done with origami paper, so the directions will show a colored (or gray side to indicate color) and a white side.Also, most patterns will have an arrow that points you in the direction of where the fold should go.
Finding The Best Display Case For Your Treasures
Maybe you have a bunch of collectibles sitting in your closet gathering dust. Or perhaps you've been storing your fine China in the kitchen cupboards instead of a hutch.
A Look At Cigar Humidors
Cigar humidors are storage units designed to hold, preserve and display a collection of cigars. They come in varying shapes and sizes, and can typically be custom made to suit the tastes of the owner.
Introduction to Hobby Metal Casting for the Practical Home Mechanic - Engineer
Your enjoyment will start right from the moment you start to build the simple equipment required. It is possible to create amazing things in metal with a home foundry.
Coin Collecting - A Fun Hobby
Over the years, collecting coins has grown from being just a hobby to becoming a full-blown enterprise with numerous Internet sites devoted to coins. Over the next several weeks, I will give you a little background about coin collecting to help those who want to pursue this as a hobby and maybe even make some money in the process.
Why You Should Race RC Cars, and Not Just Bash
For those of you who have been racing your RC cars for years, and have a friend or two who you have been trying to get out to the RC tracks, this article is for you. Feel free to forward it to them.
|home | site map | Shell Art|