|Interior Decorating Information|
Country Decorating Ideas - Create Warmth and Charm with Country Style Decorating Ideas
Country decorating ideas can help you create a home that is warm, inviting and the perfect home to live in. Country style decorating ideas help you capture the spirit of country living during modern times. If you are restoring a country home, try to keep the original woodwork, windows, floors, fixtures and cabinetry unless they are beyond salvaging. For decorating a new or existing home, there are choices you can make that will provide you with the charm and comfort of life in the countryside.
Consider these country decorating ideas and country style decorating ideas:
1. Country Dining Rooms - use a large rectangular table made of pine, oak, walnut or mahogany with wooden chairs or old benches that are similar in style and material. A corner cupboard, plate racks, dresser or sideboard will provide perfect storage and serving area for the dining room as long as they match the style and the materials of the table and chairs.
2. Country Bathroom Decorating - country bathroom floors are made of wood, ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl or natural cork. Carpeting used in the country bathroom is not appropriate. Wood and brass accessories are perfect materials to use in a country bathroom. Plain white towels instead of patterned or bright modern patterns are better. Wicker or wire baskets keep your sponges, loofas and shampoos handy near the tub or shower besides looking great.
3. Country Kitchen Decorating Ideas - use country decorating ideas in your kitchen. Give your kitchen a calm, elegant country atmosphere with soft colored walls, antique-looking lighting (chandeliers with wrought iron arms), wooden antiques or antique reproduction cabinets, plate racks and stone or wood fireplaces. Kitchen cabinets made of wood, aged surfaces, natural materials, rough finishes and round knobs provide a country style. Cabinets or kitchen furniture made of pine, even painted, can be beautiful key elements in the country kitchen. Country kitchen countertops use ceramic tiles or even hand painted tiles, slate or marble. If you want to use laminate materials, go for plain colors for coverings. Terracotta tiles, brick, stone and wood are very popular materials for country kitchen floors.
4. Kids Rooms - use wicker baskets, wooden chests and wooden bookshelves for storing books, toys and stuffed animals. When using tall bookshelves in your kid's rooms, anchor them to the ceiling or walls so they cannot tip over. Bright colored plastic boxes are not good country style decorating ideas.
5. Furniture - furniture with simple lines, perhaps made of lacquered pine wood works great. Give furniture a rustic look by finishing it in a distressed, aged way. For example, brush on a coat of paint, then rub most of the paint off with a sponge or cloth. When dried, apply wood stain sealer unevenly. It will be perfect! Or use two paint colors and sandpaper to create a distressed look for unpainted or previously painted surfaces. Get free country decorating ideas by visiting your local home decorating or paint store for help with materials and techniques. Have fun looking for antiques, reproductions and handmade products when buying furniture for your country home.
6. Sofas or Love Seats - country decorating ideas can transform your love seat or sofa. Add a beautiful loose floral print "slipcover" for a romantic country look. Include padded stools and ottomen for comfort and as a place to set your drinks or newspaper. Add one or more rocking chairs. Traditional country chairs and sofas have high backs. And if the living room has a bay window, consider building a window seat with several cushions, a perfect place for reading and relaxing. High tripod side tables are appropriate next to the sofa or love seat for country home decor.
7. Antique Cupboards or White Cabinets - use a white cabinet or antique cupboard to show your ceramics, pottery, yellowware bowls, glass jars, or a collection of enamelware from the 30's or 40's to give your home a beautiful country style. Open shelving not only provides storage, it gives the room a country look, especially when earthware, stoneware and rustic items are displayed.
Country decorating ideas and country style decorating ideas remind us of the way life was lived many years ago. Everyday country life was often difficult, filled with physical demands and long hours. Even so, country life was simpler and closer to nature without the stress of modern city life.
Use country decorating ideas to help recreate the ambience, peacefulness and pleasures of closeness to nature without having to endure the hardships. Read all you can find about country style decorating ideas. From using old furniture to the colors and fabrics you choose to how your things are arranged, create the country atmosphere in your home that celebrates the lifestyle that used to be.
Copyright 2005 InfoSearch Publishing
David Buster is VP of InfoSearch Publishing and webmaster of http://www.yourdreamloghome.com - visit the website for more on country home decorating and design, kitchen and bathroom design and decor tips, home storage, fireplaces and more.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
An Introduction to Down Comforters
Down comforters are one of the more popular ways of staying warm when the chill of winter fills the air. Made from duck or goose down, they are available in a wide range of prices, depending on the type of down and the surrounding material, among other things.
An Informative Review of Popular Adjustable Beds
This article provides a detailed review of popular adjustable beds available for purchase both on and off-line. Prominent adjustable bed manufacturers include Craftmatic, Sleep Comfort, Sealy, Tempur Pedic, and Spring Air.
Feng Shui Decorating Guidelines
The importance of following feng shui decorating guidelines.Feng shui decorating guidelines show us the correct way to place objects, furniture and how to decorate in order to achieve harmony.
Futon Slip Covers Protect While Adding A Decorative Designers Touch!
Futon slip covers do two things. Number one and most importantly, they protect your futon mattress from wear and tear.
Home Décor Tips To Impress Your Friends
Step 1: Pick a motif and go with it! Don't pair your childhood bedspread with a new wrought iron bed and lace curtains. Choose colors that remind you of things you love.
The Benefits of Adjustable Air Beds
Adjustable airbeds are adjustable beds for which the firmness of the mattress can be adjusted. The mattress can be made firm or soft as per the liking and comfort of the user.
Home Decor Accessories - How to Create a New Look in a Room
Apart from complimenting your newly painted walls with soft furnishings and effective flooring, home decor accessories in a room are just as equally important. Accessories ranging from flowers in a contemporary vase to art pictures hanging on your walls, all add the finishing touches to any room.
Powell Furniture - Make Your Kitchen A Gourmet Kitchen
Are you looking for that special something to turn your kitchen into a room that dreams are made of? Are you tired of the everyday hum drum, and envision a gourmet kitchen that can be enjoyed by everyone in the family? If so, you can make your dreams come true with Powell furniture.The Powell brand name of furnishings is one of the most sought after brand of furnishings in the United States.
Area Rugs - Accent Your Rooms with Area Rugs
One of the easiest ways to accent and decorate your home is with the use of accent rugs and area rugs. Rugs are far more than just something to cushion your feet and keep them warm in winter.
The Magic of Design
There was a time people thought the world was flat. At another point in history it was believed that women didn't have the know-how to run a business or change a tire.
Nursery Decorating Ideas: Creating a Timeless Retreat
Decorating a baby room is a wonderful opportunity to create a carefree hideaway - a place of slumber and lullabies.BABY ROOM THEMES?From Tropical Jungle to Noah's Ark, Teddy Bears to Winnie the Pooh: There are many delightful baby room themes to choose from - any one will spark enthusiasm and generate exciting nursery decorating ideas.
How to Buy Discount Bamboo Flooring
Bamboo flooring is a relatively new alternative to standard hardwood floors. It offers similar and perhaps superior qualities of strength, hardness, and appearance.
A Look at Computer Desks for Children
Children's use of the computer has increased tremendously. To meet the requirements of young users, manufacturers are re-designing computer desks.
A Brief History of Grandfather Clocks
Since the beginning of civilization, humans have searched for a reliable way to keep track of the time. In the earliest days, months, seasons and years were tracked by careful monitoring of the phases of the moon.
The Benefits of HEPA Air Purifiers
The military designed the first HEPA filter in the 1940s for use in the Manhattan Project, when safety from free-floating nuclear material was a primary concern. Today, HEPA air purifiers are very widely used to remove dust, pollen, mold, bacteria, and other airborne particles.
Make The Right Choice When It Comes To Futon Frames
As you begin your search for a futon you should pay close attention to the style and frame material. There are two options for futon frames, one is a bi-fold futon frame that folds in two length-wise creating a sofa.
Amish Furniture For the Home
Amish Furniture makes a home warm and welcoming. Hard woods, have invited friendly visits and important family gatherings for years.
Three Ways to Add Charm and Style to Your Kitchen
I like decorating my kitchen with a cozy, warm, inviting, homey feeling to it. Usually I'm fighting for all the space I can get in my kitchen too.
Bathroom Vanities and Cabinets Come in Many Different Styles
Modern bathroom vanities and medicine cabinets come in a huge variety of styles and finishes, from the simulated antique look to sleek modern designs. Your choice of vanity unit and storage cabinet can have a big influence over the look and feel of your bathroom, so it's worth putting some thought into your decision to make sure you get it right.
Decorating Your Home: 5 Style Tips that Cost Less than $50
Do you dream of adding style to your home but don't have a lot of money? Don't despair! There are 5 things you can do that will help your house look beautiful without spending much money.1.
|home | site map | Nautical Decor|