|Interior Decorating Information|
Easy And Inexpensive Kitchen Decorating Tips
Small changes can have a big effect on how your kitchen looks. Below are 11 decorating ideas that you can do yourself in a day or less. Not only are these simple changes are easy to do, but they are inexpensive too!
1. Afraid of changing your drab white kitchen walls? Instead of choosing rich, deep colors for your first project, you will likely feel more comfortable with a neutral such as beige or gray which will not date the room or create a jarring palate that you will easily tire of.
2. Brighten up the kitchen. Use mirrors to capture the sunlight and bounce it around. Try putting a mirror across from a window or on a wall that corners against the window wall for the most light distribution.
3. Make seasonal changes. Moving the kitchen furniture into a 'summer arrangement' can optimize your space and give it a more airy feel. Make it light and breezy - think about removing some of the furniture and decorations for a lighter feel. Open those curtains and let the sun shine in!
4. Use slipcovers. Slipcovers over your chairs can soften the room and add to your decor. For the holidays, try using special covers in holdiay patters or colors. For a nice summer change use white cotton or canvas slipcovers on the chairs.
5. Get ideas from the pros. Look in magazines, books, television or the internet to get a flavor of the accessories and designs you would like to see in your kitchen. IF you see a kitchen decorated in a way that you like, think about how you can duplicate the same decor in your home.
6. Decorate with cookbooks. You can make a nice display with your cookbooks. Try grouping them in interesting configurations with some laying down and some standing. Don't put small books next to tall books but align them in graduating sizes.
7. Warm it up with rugs. Area rugs can add a splash of color or cover up an old or unmatching floor. When buying rugs, measure the space so you can be sure to get the right size. Rugs used under a table should be large enough to also accommodate the chairs when fully pulled out.
8. Bring the outdoors inside. Don't be afraid to hang plants from any bare ceiling corner to give a lived in feeling to a plain kitchen. Plants provide interest and soften up the room. For above the cabinets or hard to reach places, silk plants work just as well as real ones, however, if you do buy silk, go with a good quality arrangement that looks realistic.
9. Change your look with accessories. A few strategically places accessories can change your kitchen from dull to dramatic! Maybe you want to go with a certain theme and you might be able to give your kitchen a whole new look just by replacing some key accessories like toaster covers, dish towels, cannister sets, salt and pepper shakers and pot holders.
10. Change your cabinet pulls. Theres so many different styles of cabinet pulls these days - figural, wooden, ceramic, glass - you should be able to find a design that matches your new decor easily. They are easy to install yourself and your friends will think you got new cabinets!
11. Add a border. wallpaper borders are easy to put up and can add color and interest. You can use them at the top of the wall or go with a less traditional use underneath the cabinets. Use them at chair rail height to break up long walls. An even less expensive (but more labor intensive) alternative is to use stencils and paint.
Lee Dobbins writes for Kitchen Decorating Ideas where you can find tips to decorate your kitchen no matter what your budget. Visit http://www.a-kitchen-decorating-idea.com today and find out more about decorating your kitchen for less!
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Looking Back: Mrs. Lee Grim stages interior decorating clinic at library - International Falls Journal
Well, Here's a Somewhat Baffling Apartment Therapy Piece About a Large Family That Lives in a Chic Little School Bus - Slate Magazine
There are far more major scandals brewing. So why is a $31000 dining set in the news? - The Oakland Press
A Guide to Closet Organizers
Along with losing weight and quitting smoking, getting organized is a top New Year's resolution. In fact, a Franklin Covey Co.
Teen Rooms on the Cheap!
How to decorate a teens bedroom is one of the most common questions I receive. Especially for those on a budget, this can seem like a daunting task! Never fear, The Budget Decorator is here!Teen rooms are different for kids rooms in that they should be treated more like an adult space, but with a fun flair.
A Guide to Wine Racks
It is a cliché that wines get better with age. How a wine ages will depend on how the wine is stored.
A Guide to Discontinued Wedgwood China
Everything has its day and its time, and Wedgwood China is no exception to the rule. Because the company is 250 years old there are patterns that were used to create dishware that simply no longer exist, but pieces of the dishware still do.
The Legend of the Bayberry Candle
When colonial families settled on the Eastern seaboard, they set about on their "women's work". Each day, the women of the house were responsible for the cooking, cleaning and care of the home.
Tasteful Home Decorating Changes Your House Into a Home
There is this undocumented story about Andrew Carnegie who kept postponing the decision to redecorate his home just because black, his default color of choice, was simply not used in home decorating those days! Mercifully today, you could well translate your home decorating ideas into alluring reality. For home interior decorating no longer means just coloring your walls in pastel shades and showing off your antiques - it is about using all the home decorating tips that one can get to highlight the most of what one possesses.
Home Decor Accessories - How to Create a New Look in a Room
Apart from complimenting your newly painted walls with soft furnishings and effective flooring, home decor accessories in a room are just as equally important. Accessories ranging from flowers in a contemporary vase to art pictures hanging on your walls, all add the finishing touches to any room.
Shabby Chic Bedding Can Add An Elegant Vintage Touch to Your Room!
Shabby Chic bedding is definitely the answer if you are looking for style and comfort with a touch of softness in your bedroom. Shabby chic is a very simplistic yet stylish method of decor, using bedding, linens, and window treatments with a time worn elegance.
Liven Up Your Walls With Decorative Plates
Decorative plates are often overlooked when decorating a home. Yet, it's the details that really make the elements of a room come together-and decorative plates are a detail present in most rooms.
A Look at Portable Dishwashers
Portable dishwashers are just the ticket for those with less than enough space for a more permanent and heavier dishwasher. They range in widths from a slim 18 inches to a maximum of about 24 inches for the "larger" portables.
An Informative Review of Popular Adjustable Beds
This article provides a detailed review of popular adjustable beds available for purchase both on and off-line. Prominent adjustable bed manufacturers include Craftmatic, Sleep Comfort, Sealy, Tempur Pedic, and Spring Air.
Make The Right Choice When It Comes To Futon Frames
As you begin your search for a futon you should pay close attention to the style and frame material. There are two options for futon frames, one is a bi-fold futon frame that folds in two length-wise creating a sofa.
What are HEPA Air Filters?
The Environmental Protection Agency has determined that almost 90% of the people spend their time indoors. This means that indoor air quality is much more important than outdoor air quality for most people.
Digital Picture Frames: The Wave of The Future
What is a digital picture frame? Think of a digital picture frame as a slide show of sorts for your picture. Like a flat screen TV, the digital picture frame is sleek, elegant and classy.
Types of Home Air Purifiers
Room Air Purifiers Room air purifiers replaced tabletop units in the 1990s as the leading type of home air purifier. Tabletop units proved to be mostly ineffective, because of the inadequate volume of air being moved through the unit.
Color Psychology: The Joy and Pain of Yellow
Warm and luminous like sunlight, the right shade of yellow brings cheer to dreary rooms. Some bright yellows, however, cause people pain in interior design.
Decorating Kid's Rooms On A Small Budget
Now if your children are like mine they want to change the style and look of their room about every other week. One way to make them happier for a longer period of time with their room decor is to get involved with the activities that are required when redecorating their room.
Mission Style Lighting - Its Timeless Beauty Continues
If you ask most people to tell you about Mission Style lighting you are likely to be met with a blank stare and shrugged shoulders. But, if you ask these same people if they have ever heard of the Arts & Crafts Style, you are probably going to see a lot more recognize this term.
Feng Shui Decorating Guidelines
The importance of following feng shui decorating guidelines.Feng shui decorating guidelines show us the correct way to place objects, furniture and how to decorate in order to achieve harmony.
Fast Solutions with Feng Shui
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese art used in the home to create balance and harmony. Feng Shui Practitioners have many tricks of the trade used to get rid of negative energy and promote happiness, stability, affluence, tranquility and peace.
|home | site map | Nautical Decor|