Which Drug Addiction Treatment is the Best?
The answer is simple: there is no such thing as the best drug addiction treatment. Depending on the kind of the addiction, your age and social situation different treatments may be chosen for your benefit.
Here are a few most common drug addiction treatments (from www.nida.nih.gov website):
(1) Relapse Prevention - this treatment helps you control your behavior, learn to identify dangerous situations and avoid them. It concentrates on augmenting your learning processes and developing your own defense skills.
(2) Matrix model - strict and personal, with therapist acting as your friend and as your coach at the same time. This drug addiction treatment seems to be intensive and deep. It works as much on your consciousness as on forcing into you a kind of drill which prevents you from using drugs.
(3) Supportive-Expressive Psychotherapy - it works mostly through interpersonal links, creating your sphere of comfort and teaches you to trust in other people support. Good and comfortable, used mostly for cocaine and heroin addicts.
(4) Individualized drug counseling is a drug addiction treatment that concentrates not only on a drug addiction, but works also on other related subject - employment status, family problems etc. It's a short-term therapy, but when it helps, it helps in a big way.
(5) Motivational Enhancement Therapy - this one concentrates on the addicts will - its aim is to incite the will to fight the addiction. It changes people, but in a good way. It makes them stronger and more focused.
(6) Behavioral Therapy for Adolescents - the treatment is based on assumption that by showing desired behavior and rewarding any steps addicts take toward achieving it, this drug addiction treatment will change patients behavior to drug-free one.
(7) Multidimensional Family Therapy (MDFT) for Adolescents takes a different approach and tries to help addicts by their families. It offers interesting and fruitful approach as many addictions have their roots in dysfunctional families, but it doesn't need only the addict's cooperation, but also the help from the family, which may be sometimes difficult.
Jeff Lakie is the founder of Rehab Resources a website providing information on drug and alcohol rehabilitaiton treatments.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Stanford Medicine magazine reports on ways digital technology is transforming health care - Stanford Medical Center Report
MRI scans shows promise in predicting dementia - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
4 Reasons Why You Should Use Canadian Pharmacies
Let's face it: purchasing prescription drugs in the U.S.
Finding the Medical Supplies you need!
It's now possible to locate and purchase a wide variety of Medical Supplies on the internet. Whether you're looking for Medical Supplies for your medical practice or your looking for home health care needs, just about anything can be found through searching online.
Sinusitis: Sinus Infection Deals a Corporate KO
Sinusitis and Sinus Infection Starts with a Little SniffleYes, I hear it too. A simple sniffle in a distant cubical.
Eliminate Agonizing Hand Pain Quickly and Easily!
According to Dr. Nathan Wei, "The hand and wrist are the mirrors of disease.
Stopping Hospital Infections
Each year hospitals end up killing twice as many people than automobiles, some 90,000 deaths in the United States. It is not from malpractice, it is due to infections.
Take Control of Your Doctor: Ten Actions To Get What You Need At Your Next Office Visit
Michael Richardson, MD has some suggestions on maximizing your next doctor's visit.?Find a primary care doctor you can talk to and start building a relationship.
Online Pharmacies are Making it Possible for Internet Consumers to Acquire Prescriptions Online
Internet Pharmacies are convenient and quick, but some websites selling prescriptions may be putting your health at risk. Consumers must take into account risk factors involved with ordering prescriptions online.
Exposing the Miracle Cure
It was Saturday morning and while I was making breakfast, letting the cats outside, and watering my half-dead plants, I had the TV on. Saturday morning TV is usually composed of nothing but infomercials and today was no different.
Five Secrets of High Blood Pressure Treatment
Thirty percent of human population has a high blood pressure and everyone has a 90% risk to acquire it during the rest of the life. As a result, half of all human deaths are due to the major complications of high blood pressure, mainly stroke and heart attack.
Physicians, Chiropractors and Physical Therapist Agree on a New Treatment for Low Back Pain
One of the most prevalent and difficult health conditions to treat in the physical medicine is low back pain. The difficulty in treating low back pain comes from the fact that there are numerous causes including herniated discs, bulging discs, degenerative discs, muscle spasms, facet arthritis, and sciatica.
A Closer Look at Lower Back Pain Relief
As many as 8 out of 10 adults will experience back pain in their lifetime, and most of them will feel it in their lower back. When we consider that our lower back bears the brunt of our body weight, and that our back is made up of many vertebrae, a few discs to absorb shock, several major nerves and joints that allow for movement of the spine, stacked on top of each other, this statistic begins to make more sense.
How Distressing is Social Phobia?
I remember a friend in college who would blush, sweat, and tremble when required by a teacher to speak in class. A few weeks before the presentation, he'd be anxious, agitated, and couldn't sleep.
First Step To Addiction Recovery
The first step to over comming any addiction is to detoxify the body of the addictive substance. Whether it's herion, crack, or meth detoxifcation of the liver is essential to addiction recovery.
Stem Cell Breakthrough: Can You Now Make Your Own?
Over the past few years, stem cells have been getting a lot of attention. What makes them so interesting is their ability to stimulate the production of many types of healthy cells.
When Your John Doe Is Homeless
The patient, known only as John Doe, was difficult to see under the hodgepodge of tubing, the quiet clicking of the ventilator the room's only sound.From all appearances he was homeless, but in the opinion of his nurse, who has had vast experience in dealing with patients just like him, everyone has a mother or a father, a son or a daughter, and homeless or not, it's a nurse's responsibility to do what he can to help find them.
How To Locate An Alcohol Rehabilitation Center In California
Alcohol rehab in California refers to the centers that help people in California to get rid of the menace of alcoholism.Prevalence of alcoholism is increasing in California therefore more people are looking for Alcohol rehabilitation facilities in California.
Questions to Your Physician or Psychotherapist
According to ongoing research about the needs of patients with emotional problems misinformation or shame to speak about the problem with the doctor or psychotherapist is a major limitation to treatment success. However, transparency, good information and participation in the course of the therapy is the most important factor for a lasting positive result.
UltraCET: The Dynamic Duo Of Prescription Pain Control Medications
Remember the last time you stubbed your toe? OUCH! It's painful. But a stubbed toe usually doesn't send us running to the medicine cabinet, since we know that the pain will pass within a few minutes.
Mend Your Arthritis Pain Relief
=====KNOW YOUR ARTHRITIS=====Arthritis is referred to as the nation?s number one crippling disease and the most common chronic disease in people over 40, arthritis affects more than 40 million Americans.And this figure is expected to rise to 60 million by 2020, according to the Center for Disease Control.
Amazing Shoulder Pain Reversing Secrets!
Whether you're a weekend athlete, or a gardener that overdid it, or a person with arthritis, there's hope for you. According to Dr.
|home | site map | Dr. Thad Thomas|