Discount Lift Tickets - Learn what Colorado Ski Resorts Do Not Want You to Know!
How to get discount lift tickets for popular ski resorts in Colorado including Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, and Beaver Creek.
The ski resorts make it difficult for anyone coming from out of state to get a great deal on lift tickets. Don't expect to get a smoking deal anywhere. The most expensive way to ski is to buy your lift tickets at the ticket window without any coupons. The following 8 tips will ensure that you will get the most for your money. Tip #1 will save you the most and Tip #8 will save you the least amount of money, still it's better than paying full price.
1. If you are in Colorado in April, September or October, you can look into buying a season pass. Passes are sold along the front range at places like Gart Sports, REI, and Christy Sports. Check http://www.snow.com for details. Season passes usually cost around $300 depending on where you want to go. If you plan on skiing 5 or more days, this will more than pay for it self and is the cheapest way to go. Best of all, once you get a pass, you can renew it over the web year after year. The catch is that you have to use it at least once before the holiday season, or it will become invalid for the rest of the year. If you're planning an early season trip (Before December 20th) AND a later prime ski season trip (January - April), this is by far the least expensive way to go.
2. The next best bet: Check out http://www.snow.com. Sometimes they run specials on 3 or 4 day lift tickets. You will not find any deals until late March or early April. Copper mountain runs really good specials throughout the year if you sign up for their email newsletter. http://www.skicopper.com or http://www.coppercolorado.com
3. Sign up for a free Colorado Gem Card. These cards will give you discounts at other ski areas that are further away. The closest resort that accepts this card is Loveland Ski area, which is about 15 miles away right at the Eisenhower Tunnel on the Continental Divide.
4. Know someone with a season pass? Season Pass holders usually can buy a lift ticket for you for a deeply discounted price of $29-$59. The number of times they can do this is limited.
5. Don't forget eBay! Many times people will buy a package deal and not be able to use it. Search around and see what you can find! Passes called "4 packs" are usually sold in the fall for $99 to locals only and are good for 4 days of skiing at Keystone, Breckenridge, or Arapahoe Basin. These passes have some blackout dates and are sometime sold on eBay for a profit, but even when sold at a price of $165 for 4 days of skiing, it's an incredible deal. If you're around in the fall (usually September or October) you can pick up these "4 packs" at local sports outlets like Gart Sports, REI, and some local ski shops.
6. Buy and Entertainment book or Gold C book for the Denver area. These books are PACKED with ski coupons. We typically buy these books and leave the ski coupons in the condo for our guests to use. The coupons are for slightly discounted lift tickets. ($5 - $10 off ticket window prices) There are also coupons for ski school.
7. We keep a packet of coupons in our condos for discount lift tickets for Keystone, Arapahoe Basin, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Vail and Beaver Creek. Coupons are first come first serve, but please ask if you want to ski a particular place. These coupons usually come from Gold C, Entertainment Books, and wherever else we can find them.
8. Buy your tickets on the front range in or around Denver. Go to any Safeway or King Soopers grocery stores, or ski and snowboard rental shop. They sell disount lift tickets for most ski areas.
++++++++++++ Warning ++++++++++++
Do not EVER try to use a season pass that is not yours. There are extremely stiff penalties including large fines and possible jail time if you are caught. The lift operators WILL catch you. A free lift ride is simply not worth the consequences.
Peter is an experienced skier and snowboarder who resides in Colorado. As owner of SummitCove.Com, a successful property management company in Keystone, Colorado he is always on the lookout to save his guests money on vacation ski lodging, lift tickets and other area activities.
For more information about deals on ski condos and Keystone lodging in the Keystone Colorado area, visit SummitCove.com or call 303-618-0773 today.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Gander Outdoors Prepares for Grand Opening in Traverse City, Michigan - Business Wire (press release)
Chimborazo: Learning Spanish At 20,600 Feet
Climbing the glaciers to the summit of Mount Chimborazo in Ecuador isn't highly technical. It is mountaineering, but how hard can it be, considering I went to 20,600 feet the first time I used crampons and an ice axe? Okay, I used them once for practice, on a sledding hill near my house.
Boston Vacations: Four Ways To Experience Beantown
Boston is a great destination city for a vacation. There's plenty on tap to see and do, and it's an easy city to get around on foot.
Lake Jipe straddling Tanzania and Kenya
So unknown is this treasure of Lake Jipe not many Tanzanians know of its existence or location. Sandwiched between the Pare mountains and Kilimanjaro this small lake [30 km sq] straddles the border between Kenya and Tanzania.
The Best Backpacking Food
Maybe your favorite backpacking food is a freeze-dried turkey dinner. There really is no "best" backpacking food.
Inflatable Boats: An Overview
Inflatable boats are made from flexible material, usually rubber, canvas, or neoprene, and hold air at high volume but low pressure. They need to be fitted with a frame to which an oarlock mount is firmly attached.
Discover Knotts Berry Farm
Of course you know about Southern California's premier attraction, Disneyland in Anaheim, but did you know that less than ten (10) minuets down the freeway, in Buena Park, is another great amusement park, Knott's Berry Farm. Knott's Berry Farm, America's first theme park, is located at 8039 Beach Boulevard, Buena Park, CA 90620, telephone number (714) 220-5200 and has over one hundred fifty (150) rides in six themed areas: Ghost Town, Fiesta Village®, The Boardwalk, Indian Trails, Wild Water Wilderness® and Camp Snoopy which is the official home of Snoopy and the Peanuts characters.
Top Five African Safari Destinations
Any vacations in Africa will not be complete without going on a safari to experience the wild animals and the peace and tranquillity of the bushveld.But there are literally hundreds of national parks and wildlife areas in Africa that you can travel to.
Camping For Fun
Camping for fun is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and relax. But before going camping you will need to purchase camping equipment one of the better places to get the gear you need is at camping world.
Bird Watching Life Lists - Keeping A Record
If you're a birder, you want to keep a list of sightings when you bird watch. Your life lists should be kept in a bird watching journal.
Great Indian Holidays
Holidays in India, awesome in her size and diversity. This virtual sub-continent, stretches from the lofty Himalyas , a series of 2000km long mountain ranges in the north, to the extensive deserts in the west, the lush evergreen forest in the south to the far-flung sub Himalayan forests in the North East.
Its an Alien World in Every River
When you look at a river, what do you see? A few flies on top? A fish or two?Look closer.Lay down on your chest at the side of the river and stare down into it.
Spain´s Beaches - You´re Spoilt For Choice
Spain offers the visitor over 4,000 kms of coastline where s/he can enjoy shining sun and sapphire seas in wonderful settings.And what a choice of sands! Golden sands, white sands, grainy sands, powdery sands, and even the black sands of the Canary Islands!Allergic to sand? No problem! Just plump for a resort with smooth, white pebbles! You´ll find a good selection!Already holidayed several times by the Mediterranean? Then why not try the fairy-tale fishing villages washed by the Cantabrian Sea or Atlantic Ocean?"Spanish beaches are the most environmentally healthy in Europe" says the Foundation for Environmental Education, which has awarded the much-coveted Blue Flag to 450 of the country´s beaches - more than any other participating contry!Leading the way within Spain itself is the Costa Blanca, which received 48 Blue Flag awards.
Discover Eaton Canyon In Pasadena California
Eaton Canyon Natural Area Nature Center, entrance, 1750 N. Altadena Drive, Pasadena, Ca.
Cheap Safari in Africa For $70 a Day - Heres How To Do It
You would think that a cheap safari in Africa for $70 a day would have to take place in some shady game reserve in Timbuktu that nobody visits. But not in this case.
Eight Tips For A Bug-Free Summer
(NC)-With approximately 42,000 mosquitoes for every person in Ontario, most of us spend a great deal of our summers swatting away these pesky insects. Protecting yourself against mosquitoes will not only make your summer more enjoyable, it will help prevent you and your family from getting annoying and sometimes dangerous bug bites.
Your Horses Back May Not Be the Same Next Month
A saddle is a static object, but your horse is a living, dynamic creature. Even slight changes throughout the year in your horse's weight have a significant impact on the fit of the saddle.
Top Five Honeymoon Safari Destinations In Africa
An African honeymoon safari is the perfect way to celebrate your marriage.The pampering that you get is second to none and the surroundings are as beautiful as you will get anywhere in the world.
How to Grab a Bite to Eat and Help the Planet
You CAN grab something to eat, enjoy every bite, AND help the planet..
On Safari in Northern Tanzania - Back to The Sixth Day of the Creation
Tanzania's natural endowment as a wildlife safari destination is unrivalled. Wild animals roam in vast areas as God intended on that sixth day of the creation.
Why Should You Use Hiking Poles?
Why should you use hiking poles is perhaps the first question that may strike in your mind especially when you are a beginner. To get the right answer for this question you need to consider two things i.
|home | site map | Ocean Photography|