A meal in Greece is highlighted with a selection of hot and cold plates known as mezedes. Soups are few but they are meals by themselves.
- The main course is a boiled or grilled meat/fish. There are also many delectable meat stews to choose from, as well as plain grilled cuts of meat and of course the well known charcoal grilled lamb or pork called souvlaki.
- Fish and shellfish are excellent in any kind of cooking. Salads are usually ordered with the main course and can consist fresh vegetables or cooked dandelions .
- Horiatiki, the traditional Greek salad, consists of tomato slices, cucumber slices, olives, peppers, onions and feta cheese dressed with oil and vinegar.
- Cheese, the most commonly offered in restaurants are feta (white semi-soft and salted), graviera (yellow hard), kasseri (yellow semi-soft), and manouri (unsalted creamy and fattening).
- Desserts, are a delectable treat, including baklava (consisting of strudel leaves and walnuts) and kataifi (which consists of nuts wrapped in shredded wheat with a honey sauce). During the summer as desserts are preferred large peaches , watermelonmelon, grapes and pears
- Greek coffee is like Turkish coffee. Greek coffee is always served with a glass of water.
There is a wide variety of eating establishments in Greece:
- Tavern, eating establishment with emphasis on the traditional cooking and mezedes.
- Psistaria, a barbecue style eating place.
- Estiatorion (restaurant), a conventional eating establishment.
- Psarotaverna (fish tavern), they specialise in fish and almost found by seaside or harbour side.
- Prices and Tipping, in Greece a 15% service charge is usually included in your bill. Menus are usually presented with two parallel price charts. On the left the price of the food and drink. On the right the same price with service and tax included. The service charge is ordained by Greek law so additional tipping is really a recognition of special service for special requests.
Extract from our Yachting in Greece - General Information and info. http://www.seascope-sailing.com/
For more information please check Yacht charters Greece/
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Patricia Lester | Love the Outdoors? Please Support Land and Water Conservation Fund - Santa Clarita Valley Signal
Bicycling Down The River
My river-rafting adventure started on a bicycle. The small daypack I wore carried a hatchet, a saw, some scraps of rope, food, water, a garbage bag bivy sack, a hat, and odds and ends.
Experience The Real Florida
Every year around 40 million visitors come to Florida for the sun, sea and attractions. Most visit the world famous theme parks or enjoy the fabulous palm-fringed sandy beaches.
Navigating on the Mountain, in Water, or in Woods there is an eTrex Unit For You
Truly a small wonder, the eTrex takes the best features of a 12 parallel channel GPS receiver and put them into a six ounce package that is only four inches high and two inches wide. The result is a unit that will literally fit in the palm of your hand.
Top Five African Safari Destinations
Any vacations in Africa will not be complete without going on a safari to experience the wild animals and the peace and tranquillity of the bushveld.But there are literally hundreds of national parks and wildlife areas in Africa that you can travel to.
Stay Out of That Old Mine!
It seems like the most adventurous thing in the world. That dark opening in the hillside beckons, tantalizes, excites.
Bird Watching Journals - Preserve Your Bird Watching Experiences
Bird Watching is a great way to escape the rat race and be one with nature. Alas, your bird watching experiences can fade with time.
Hard Labor Creek State Park Earned Its Name
One afternoon during a trip across the country in our fifth wheel, we were racing the sun to an RV park before sunset. We were driving through Georgia and convenient RV parks near the highway were sparse.
Lake Jipe straddling Tanzania and Kenya
So unknown is this treasure of Lake Jipe not many Tanzanians know of its existence or location. Sandwiched between the Pare mountains and Kilimanjaro this small lake [30 km sq] straddles the border between Kenya and Tanzania.
Rigid Inflatable Boats
A rigid inflatable boat is defined as a hard-hulled boat with air inflatable collars. RIB hulls are made of fiberglass, aluminum or composite materials.
Spanish Courses in Spain
Spain: sun, sea, sand and Spanish..
Take a Hiking Pole on Your Next Hike
It is the downhill ski racing competition of the winter Olympics. You watch a ski racer zoom down the slope manoeuvring through the ski gates.
You Might Be An Ultralight Backpacker If...
If you you find yourself saying "Hey, that's a good idea," to more than one of the following, you might be an ultralight backpacker. They are collected from various lightweight backpacking forums.
Kerala Backwaters - Gently Down the Stream
The quaint little balcony was large enough to accommodate two cane chairs, a table and little else. To reach it we had to climb over the ledge of our bedroom window and since the projection had no protective railing we had to be careful not to trip or fall over into the water below.
Hiking from Your Own Home
Picture this. You are stuck at home knee deep in household chores.
River Rafting in Washington State
The great state of Washington offers some of the best white-water rafting in the entire country. There are around 15 rivers in Washington state that are great for river rafting.
Camping - Get Those Tents Up!
Have you ever thought you might like to try a totally different vacation? Is the cost of your vacation this year a problem? Did you know that a week long Camping Vacation for a family of four can work out to under a $1000.That sounds pretty good eh! Can you smell that fresh air go on fill your lungs with it and oh! what's that lovely smell, somebody's cooking up a treat.
Too much to do in London!
No one can truly say they know London well. To know London completely is impossible.
Japanese Garden of Monaco
Have you ever seen an authentic Japanese garden? Well, I had the chance of seeing the one in Monaco and was really impressed too. Wanna taste a little Japanese culture? Stepping on this ground is escaping from the real world into a fantasy land.
Its an Alien World in Every River
When you look at a river, what do you see? A few flies on top? A fish or two?Look closer.Lay down on your chest at the side of the river and stare down into it.
The Wandle Trail - Map and Illustrated Guide
The Wandle offered wonderful trout fishing up to the latter part of the last century. The Wandle Trail was established by the Wandle Group in association with the Wandle Industrial Museum in September 1988, launched with a walk with over 200 participants, led by Colin Saunders.
|home | site map | Ocean Photography|