10 Steps to Buying a Digital Camera You Must Know
You are anxious to purchase your new digital camera! You want to get it in your hands quickly so you can begin to enjoy it. Are you going to go to the store right now and pick one out? Wrong! You must have some basic knowledge and know-how prior to entering into the world of salesmen and digital cameras! Here are the steps to buying the digital camera that is right for you.
1. Know your budget. Yes, you have to do the number crunching this time. No sense in getting your hopes up for a high powered digital camera you can't afford. Do not be afraid to tell the salesman straight away what your budget is either. Don't waste your time looking for cameras that don't fit this budget.
2. Know what you want to use the camera for. Is this for a professional or to take pictures of your kids? Will it be used mostly indoors, outdoors, or both? Knowing this information can help narrow down your search as well.
3. Needs versus desires. Okay so just about everyone wants the digital camera that is loaded with features and added bonuses. But, is it really what you need? Cutting down all these extras will help you cut the extra costs as well. But, don't skimp either. Take some time to check out several of the available digital cameras in your price range. Know what to expect for your money.
4. Do your research. Trust me, once you walk into that saleroom, chances are you are going to want to lay your hands on a camera and leave with it. But, this is not a smart choice. You need to either decide not to do this until you have checked out several places or you can do the smarter thing. That is doing your research online from home, far away from the store itself. Just keep going from site to site to determine what are the basic cameras available in your price range. Who is offering the most bang for your buck?
5. LCD screen or not? Most of us want to be able to preview the image we are going to take using the LCD screen. But, it is a costly addition to the camera. Consider whether it is right for you or not.
6. Memory Cards. Will you need to purchase a memory card for your digital camera as well or will one be provided. How many should you buy depends on how much you will use the camera in between downloading them. How much memory will be on the cards for the camera you plan to purchase?
7. Pixels and Resolution. Just, what is all that about? The better quality cameras which have higher pixels and resolution provide a clearer picture with much more detail then others. Again, compare the different models once you are at the store. Which model, in your budget range, has the best picture? Or, which camera has the best picture for what you are willing or able to spend. Test them out prior to purchasing to see the difference here.
8. Is the camera compatible with your computer? This is very important here since this is how most people download and even print off their pictures! This is usually not a problem unless you own an older computer.
9. Ease of use. Purchasing a digital camera is supposed to make your life easier, right? Make sure you are choosing one you can understand how to use and one that is simple to use. When you want to take a picture, you usually don't have 5 minutes to figure it out.
10. Cost of features over name brand. Our last comment has to do with name brands. Surely, you know that just because a name brand sticker is on an item it is not a way to tell if it is the best model out there. Compare the features and items listed above to find the best camera available to you, not the label.
Putting all of this together can produce a great digital camera that suits your needs, your budget, and even your desires. Now, that you have an idea of what to look for, go ahead, run to your retailer with the best deal and get the digital camera you have been waiting for!
John Howard is an avid digital photographer. Visit his website for tips and tricks at: Digital Photography
©2005 John Howard All Rights Reserved. This article may be published in web based or email form as long as this credit box is attached and the hyperlink is active. It may not be altered or edited in any way.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Move Up to the World of the Digital SLR Camera
A digital SLR camera or a single lens reflex (SLR) camera is one of the most popular cameras amongst photographers today. These cameras not only provide high quality images but the photographer can also largely control how he wants the final product to look like.
Buying the Best Digital Camera for Your Needs
Choosing a digital camera can be a daunting task with the wide number of choices available in today's market place. There are lots and lots of things that you need to keep in mind while going to choose a camera for yourself.
Photography - Things to Consider Before Buying a Camera
Before you are able to take the kind of photos you want to take, it is important to think about the equipment you would like to start out with. Probably the most important decision you will have to make is what kind of camera to buy.
Photography: The Basics
Photography comes from the Greek words meaning "light writing" and first became known back in 1839 by Sir John Herschel. For many years prior to this, people had discovered ways of causing certain chemicals to change color when exposed to light but they did not discover ways of getting the images to remain permanent until later on.
To Camcorder Enthusiasts: What Does Reality TV Really Mean? - Great News for the Camcorder User!
Reality TV is experiencing an upsurge in popularity and its presence has conditioned the public's acceptance of a number of things: That lead actors being trained and polished 'performers' is no longer a necessity. Camcorder movement.
A Guide to Disposable Digital Cameras
Disposable Cameras (also called single-use cameras) first came on the market as film cameras. You would take the entire camera back where you bought it and they would crack it open, take out the film and process it, resulting in photos that were virtually indistinguishable from photos taken with a more conventional camera.
The Venice Rookery
Love is in the air at the Venice Rookery. The birds (and the bees) are there doing the thing they are so famous for, and you can take pictures of it! Seriously, though, the Venice Rookery is an ideal spot to photograph birds mating, building their nests, fighting for territory and feeding their chicks.
Using a Camcorder to Record Family Events Quickly and Easily
Let's start there (but not spend too much time on it because you are probably already checked out on their use):On/Off - On some brands you actually have to find two or three switches to accomplish this. You may be required to choose between camera and VCR or VTR, you may have to open shutters over the lens or remove a lens cap, and you may have choices about snapshots, locked, standby, or video.
How to Easily Start Up Your Own New Photography Business From Home
With modern technology in the form of SLR digital cameras, you do not even need the room for a dark room. You need only to have a personal computer and a photo-editing program.
Help! My Old Colour Photo has Turned Pink - 5 Minute Digital Fix
Almost all of us will have seen this particular photographic problem, namely, your old colour photographs appear to have taken on an overall pink or blue tint.This is primarily due to the chemicals within the various layers of the photographic paper starting to breakdown, often due to age, and the way that the photographs have been stored.
Digital Cameras and Digital Photography
Before you rush into buying your digital camera this holiday season make sure your properly informed. Many consumers during the holiday season rush into purchasing electronic equipment in a mad panic to get that high end gift for their loved one or spouse.
Stock Your Kit with Digital Camera Accessories
There are a large number of digital camera accessories available in the market today. Even though you might have invested a few hundred dollars in your digital camera (although they are getting cheaper by the day), you should buy yourself a few accessories as well so that you can enhance the photo quality of your pictures and be able to capture anything that comes along in your daily digital life.
Infrared Photography and Big City Crime
One of the major problems of the larger cities of the word these days is crime. It appears that the larger the city the more-acceptable serious crime seems to be.
Fuji Digital Cameras
Fuji digital cameras entered the market in the late 90's. Started in Japan in 1934, Fuji has always tried to stay ahead of the pack.
How to Shoot Video of Your Kids Sports Team So That Anyone Else Will Watch It!
Break out that video camera, there is a game this weekend! 1. You bought a video camera 2.
Creating Personalized Photo Calendars
About Personalized Photo Calendars:Photo Calendars are 12-month, wall-hanging calendars that you can create using your own digital photos and captions. As you customize your own photo calendar, you can start the calendar on whatever month and year you wish.
The Mysterious Powerful Element of a Picture That Sells
A photo buyer calls for a picture of pigs. It could be about anything.
Where to Find Cheap Disposable Cameras
There are many kinds of disposable cameras. All disposable cameras are already inexpensive, but there are some that are even more of a bargain than others.
Take Spectacular Nighttime Photos with your Digital Camera - Part I
Night photographs express a special something that cannot be seen in normal daytime photography. Whether it is a photograph of a moon and starlit sky over a windy deserted beach, the excitement of a downtown cityscape when the lights go on, or just a picture of you and some friends in front of a favorite hangout, nighttime photos, when done right, are sure to attract attention.
7 Things You Must Do If You Want To Make That Perfect Camera Shot
Saturate yourself with your subject and the camera will all but take you by the hand. Margaret Bourke-WhiteThese tips should help you relive those moments back where you've said "if only I had a camera.
|home | site map | Seashell Photography|