How To Become A Digital Photography Pro
Being a professional digital photographer is a dream many people have but most lack the ambition to follow through. Still, you want to take the best digital pictures you can without forking over the cost of a photography degree. So, here are some tips to help you find the best digital photographer in you.
1. Take a class. Yes, we just said you don't want to go to school to learn. But, we aren't talking about a lot of classes, just one or two. This will help you learn about exposures, lighting, horizontal lines, flashes?. You get the idea. Most community colleges offer these types of classes to the public.
2. Get the right kind of camera for what you plan to use it for. Even the simplest pictures of your kids can look great if you know what you're doing with your camera. Don't buy something that is too high tech for you or something that is too simple either.
3. Know about white balance. Balancing the amount of white in a picture can create warmth in your pictures. How does your camera do this? Did you read the manual yet?
4. Use a filter. Just like wearing a pair of sunglasses, filters help to eliminate glare and reflections that can ruin a good picture. Again, consult your digital camera's manual to know how to do this with your camera.
5. Flash or Not to Flash? Read up on when you should and shouldn't use your flash. Auto flash isn't the only flash. In fact, you can get some great shots using the flash on setting as well.
6. Use close up. For some of the most detailed and best quality pictures, zoom in and get a close up. A simple picture of a leaf can look incredible in close up.
7. Get a good sized memory card. When you purchase your memory card, consider upgrading to the next level. In order to take good pictures you will want to use it at its highest setting. So, purchase a large enough memory card to hold the most pictures in the highest level of mega pixels.
There are many more tips and tricks you can learn and use to take the best possible digital photographs. Think about grabbing a book or two from the library and reading up. Or, if you're an Internet fan, check out several websites on digital photography. The more you know, the better your digital photographs will be.
John Howard is an avid digital photographer. Visit his site for tips and advice at: Digital Cameras
©2005 John Howard All Rights Reserved. This article may be published in web based or email form as long as this credit box is attached and the URL is active.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Photography series explores mothers and daughters, and their relationships around the world - Washington Post
9 Tips For Taking Great Digital Photos
IntroductionModern cameras are highly automatic in operation. They have auto focus and auto exposure.
The digital camera is in reality a great possession with many facets of its utilities and not only that knowing these utilities makes the understanding the digital camera complete. The utilities are also so very diverse that they too offer further introspection of details in their varying applications.
Last month we bought the Canon Powershot A80 online for about $325 including shipping after looking at digital cameras for about a month. It had all the features we were looking for in our price range and the stylish gleaming metal case didn't hurt either.
Digital Camera Memory - An Introduction
The digital camera is essentially a computer-based device, whose core is controlled by the computer. And as a result the photographs are stored in a location called memory.
Choosing The Right Digital Camera
Let's get something straight right out of the box. If you're looking to buy a new digital camera, you don't really have to be an expert in pixels and mega pixels and all that kind of stuff.
Olympus Digital Cameras - Digging Into The History
One of the oldest companies, Olympus has had a long and historical journey. Olympus digital cameras are being used all over the world today.
The Alligator Farm - Home to Beautiful Winged Creatures
Your first thought when you read "Alligator Farm" might be "tourist trap," but that could not be more inaccurate. And while the alligators are wonderful and plentiful at the place fondly referred to as the "Gator Farm," it is the birds that attract the world's best photographers.
Easy Tips for Digital Photo Touchups
Using a digital camera to take pictures is great. It's easy and quick.
The Beauty of Nature Photography
Nature is all around us, and its beauties are unlimited. In this fast-paced world of mocha-lattes and traffic jams at rush hour, too many of us take the beauty of nature for granted.
Getting The Right Digital Camera For You
There are really great advantages in digital photography:You can shoot till you dropTaking digital images on your camera has no implication other then you have captured the image. Then you can review each image on the small screen on the back of your camera.
Stock Your Kit with Digital Camera Accessories
There are a large number of digital camera accessories available in the market today. Even though you might have invested a few hundred dollars in your digital camera (although they are getting cheaper by the day), you should buy yourself a few accessories as well so that you can enhance the photo quality of your pictures and be able to capture anything that comes along in your daily digital life.
Let Those Digital Photos Out! (You Don't Have To Print Them Yourself)
What have you done with the photos you've taken with your digital camera? Hands up if they are languishing on your hard drive waiting to be printed. If your hand is up you are not alone.
Photography - Rules of Composition
Composition is defined as the combining of distinct parts or elements to form a whole. In photography that definition is very important in taking quality pictures.
How Many Megapixels Do We Need?
Are you having megapixel envy each time you walk by the camera section of your favorite electronics store? So do I. But, do we really need more and more pixels? The answer depends on what we intend to do with the images.
Digital Imaging Explained
Digital Imaging is a process where an electronic photograph, scanned document, or image is converted into a series of electronic dots called pixels. Pixels is an acronym for "picture elements".
Things You Should Know Before Buying A Digital Camera
In a traditional camera, the lens was king. If the lens delivered a decent image, exactly that image would be recorded on the film.
Why 1.5 Megapixels is Enough
Dots Per Inch is a useful measure of relative resolution. But if you don't know the image size in inches or some other measure of size, then the amount of dots per inch doesn't mean much.
CCTV Camera Tip: Apply Simple Common Sense when Picking CCTV Cameras and Lenses
Get a good face shot: Use Higher quality cameras at entry areas.Doors, gates and other entry areas need a good quality, high resolution camera to record a good 'face shot.
10 Steps to Buying a Digital Camera You Must Know
You are anxious to purchase your new digital camera! You want to get it in your hands quickly so you can begin to enjoy it. Are you going to go to the store right now and pick one out? Wrong! You must have some basic knowledge and know-how prior to entering into the world of salesmen and digital cameras! Here are the steps to buying the digital camera that is right for you.
Kodak Digital Cameras - The Giant Comes To Digital
George Eastman, founder of Kodak is world renowned today. Digital cameras or cinematography, Kodak has excelled in all fields.
|home | site map | Seashell Photography|